Sunday, April 6, 2014

March 25, 2014

We arrived in Prague on March 13th. While in Prague, we stayed in a hostel and got to know our way around the city a little bit using the trams and the train.  We took some tours where we learned a lot about the city and some history, we also saw the Charles bridge, cathedrals, a castle, and some other important monuments and statues which which beautiful.  We also went to some clubs while in Prague and Czech people LOVE techno music, it was a lot of fun.  We also had our first “Czech food experience” that weekend, it was delicious.  I especially loved the pasta. The Czech Republic is known for their beer so I had to try it. Personally, I don’t like beer but Czech beer wasn’t too bad.  

On Sunday the 16th we met with the whole class in the airport and we all rode the bus together to Olomouc, Czech Republic. Once in Olomouc, we chose our roommate, and we got our dorms.  We had a tour around Olomouc, it’s a beautiful city. It took me about a week to get used to the trams and to find my way around Olomouc. We saw a lot of churches and we also went up the tower of the courthouse. From up there, we can see the whole city of Olomouc. 

Classes were very interesting. We are taking a Czech language class, and two History classes. The Czech class is hard but we are learning a lot.  The history classes are also very interesting.  Since I’ve been here I have met a lot of different students from Italy, Spain, Mexico, Portugal, France, Austria, Germany and also from here. Everyone here is very interesting and I love learning about their culture and also their language. I haven’t been here that long and I have made many friends already.  Something that I’m still not used to is the money conversions, I always have to do the math in my head to figure out how much something is.  Also, not knowing the language was a challenge, it’s hard to communicate with people since I only know how to say about 10 words. 
I love to travel and to experience new things, but it’s hard not to miss home at the same time. I also miss the home made food, as well as junk food from the U.S.  Even though they have junk food here, they don’t have the same brands as in the U.S.  I also miss my car, since we use public transportation and do a lot of walking around here, but it’s okay I really don’t mind it.  It is very interesting to see all the differences between the U.S. and the Czech Republic.  

It’s been great so far, especially since I’m here with friends. We have had lots of fun so far and have so many interesting stories and adventures we have been through.  I’m sure by the end of this trip I will have a huge list of crazy, fun, cool, and weird things that happened to us. 




No comments:

Post a Comment